This week I was given the honor of being nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. This is a way for bloggers to refer and recommend other bloggers who are doing a good job blogging themselves. Here are the rules once you have been nominated. You can find them at the versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com.
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
First of all, I would like to thank my good friend, Jessie Clemence, at http://jessieclemence.wordpress.com for nominating me. I’ve been reading Jessie’s posts since she started blogging and truly look forward to them every time. I need to get better at responding to them. We used to work together and I loved having the chance to reconnect with her. We both are pursuing God’s purpose in our lives and it’s great to share that journey with a friend. Check out her blog: Not only will she make you think, but you’ll be laughing so much it will seem fun.
Here are the blogs that I enjoy and read on a regular basis, and therefore nominate for the Versatile Blogger Award. I would nominate more, but unfortunately I don’t follow that many (yet). If I accidentally didn’t post the blog addresses correctly, I apologize ahead of time. Write a comment in the comment section, I will get you the correct information. My brain was wired to write, not be technically savvy. Some days I can do both pretty well; other days, I’m not sure if I get either right.
- My friend, Jessie Clemence, listed above and found at http://jessieclemence.wordpress.com. Like I said above, she is hilarious, full of knowledge, and wants to live her life pleasing God the best way she knows how. She encourages others in that area while keeping life on the lighter side.
- Beth Vogt, an author found at BethKVogt.com, is another great blog that I follow. I don’t know her personally, but after reading her blogs, she makes you feel like you are part of her family.
- Marianne Clements is someone I met through 48days.net. She is inspirational and has overcome a lot in her life, wanting to share that victory with others. You can follow her at: http://www.VictoryChristianCoaching.com.
According to the rules, now I have to share seven things about myself:
- I am a Christ follower, wife to an amazing man, and mother to some terrific kids.
- I consider myself a gypsy. Due to my dad’s job, we moved around quite a bit when I was growing up. I’m glad I had that experience to see different parts of the United States.
- Which brings me to my next fun fact. I always tell me people that when I married my husband, he gave me roots. I love that he lives in the same town where he grew up, we live next door to his parents, and my kids attend the same school he did.
- My favorite season is fall. I love warm, sunny days with cool, crisp nights. I love apple orchards, the colors of changing leaves, raking leaves, and fires in the fireplace. I hate the thought of five long months of winter, but I love fall and wish it would last longer than it does.
- I love all things outdoors (except yucky bugs). I love campfires, impromptu family water fights, running through the sprinkler, working in the garden, bike rides, long hikes, and most of all, just enjoying God’s amazing creation with all the colors, natural sounds, and solitude that make up living “in the country”.
- I love spending time with family and friends. I never have as much time with either as I would like, but I enjoy the time I do get.
- I love how every day I get a new beginning, a new chance to do a better job than I did the day before. I love how God shows me that grace and I love the fact that He will do it for you too!
Thank you, Jessie, for this nomination. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.
Now, I would love to know seven fun facts about you. Please share them in the comment section below.
2 Replies to “The Versatile Blogger Award”
Congratulations! And, thank you so much for the kind words about my blog.
Have a Victorious Day!
You are more than welcome, Marianne. I love being encouraged by your blogs.